Affordable Preservation Company offers FREE same day shipping on all orders placed before 3:00 PM EST (except Alaska, Hawaii, APO and FPO – see details below).
Note that shipments are made Monday – Friday. For example an order placed on Friday before 3:00 Pm EST will ship on Friday. An order placed after 3:00 PM EST on Friday will ship on Monday. Please add 1 extra day if you order on a Holiday.
Please be advised that we cannot ship to a Post Office Box.
Pre-paid preservation kits and wedding gowns are shipped free of charge to virtually any address in continental United States (Surcharge for Alaska, Hawaii, APO and FPO- see details below).
The preservation kit for sending in your dress that you order online will be sent to the address you specify in the “Shipping Information” section of Step 2 in the online order process.
Once you receive your kit there will be a 3 part form included that you can specify where you would like your cleaned and preserved dress returned to (if different then the kit shipping address). If you would like to have your cleaned and preserved dress shipped to a different address simply update the address on the order form you will receive in your preservation kit.
Important: Please note that if you would like to make a change to the shipping address there will be a $35.00 charge if your preservation kit for sending in your dress, or your preserved wedding gown has already been shipped back to you. UPS and The Wedding Gown Preservation Company charge $35.00 to change an address once your package is in route.
Suggestions for providing your shipping address:
SHIP TO A BUSINESS ADDRESS INSTEAD OF A RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
1. Business locations are generally delivered earlier in the day.
2. Business locations are generally more secure than a residential location.
3. Business locations generally have a person who signs for the package, thus leaving a paper trail.
4. Business locations accept packages so your shipment is inside a building and you don’t have to worry about weather elements such as rain, heat, etc..
5. Make sure you include the company name and “in care of” (c/o) your name so the business knows to accept the package.
FOR RESIDENTIAL ADDRESSES
1. Make sure you include your complete address.
2. Please start looking for your package around the estimated delivery date.
3. If you know your address is hard to locate, please ship to a business, friend, or relative’s address that is easier to locate.
4. Rural locations sometimes take longer to deliver.
5. If shipping to an address other than your own, please include “in care of” (c/o) the homeowners name on the package.
6. Make sure you have a mail receptacle.
FOR APARTMENTS OR GATED COMMUNITIES
1. Make sure you include your complete address.
2. Most carriers deliver to the Leasing Office instead of your doorstep.
3. Always check with your Leasing Office around the estimated delivery date (Please refer to your order confirmation for this date).
4. If you name is not on the lease, please include “in care of” (c/o) the lease holders name on the package.
5. If you do not have a Leasing Office on site and you live in a secure building where you must have a key or code to enter, DO NOT have your order shipped to this location.
FOR APO, FPO, ALASKA AND HAWAII ADDRESSES
1. There is a $100 shipping surcharge for all APO, FPO, Alaska and Hawaii shipping addresses.
2. Delivery times to Alaska and Hawaii are approximately 7-10 business days. Delivery to an APO or FPO address typically takes between 10-21 days. Delivery times may vary.
3. Shipping Kit: Included in your kit you will find a 3-part form as well as a secure, heavy duty, water resistant (Tyvek®) shipping bag for sending us your dress. Please complete the form and place the white and yellow copies, along with your gown, into the Tyvek® shipping bag. Please retain the pink copy for your records.
Please be sure to include your return shipping address, daytime phone number, and current email address on you the 3-part form.
Based on the email address you provide, email notifications will be sent to you when your gown is entered into our system and when it leaves our facility with the tracking information.
Please note that an adult signature will be required upon the delivery of your gown back to the address you provide on the 3-part form.
4. Alaska and Hawaii Orders: Please use the prepaid UPS shipping label if you are shipping from Alaska or Hawaii to return your dress to us.
5. APO or FPO Orders: Please use the US Postal Service to return your dress to our us. Please note that the cost of returning your dress via the US Postal Service is not included in the price of your package.
** Please note that we cannot be responsible for missing or lost packages when the above guidelines are not followed. Additional shipping charges will be incurred for orders that are returned to us due to invalid information.
If you need to make a change to an order, please submit this in writing to us via our Contact Us form. Putting your request in writing will avoid any misinterpretations.